Plastic media BIOFILL® type A
The plastic media BIOFILL® type A was the first product designed by our Company. Its fabrication was begun in 1989. Since then, large numbers of trickling filters in municipal and industrial wastewater plants use plastic filling BIOFILL® type A.
Its RANDOM COLLOCATION easies the installation in the corresponding tanks. The standard packages are of 160 litres and weight 6 kilos each, but it can also be packaged in a personalized manner upon request.
|Specific surface||> 160 m2/m3|
|Free volume||96 %|
|Weight per m3||36 Kg|
|Nº of pieces/m3||4880|
|Piece diameter||70 mm|
|Weight per piece||7.5 gr|
|Made by injection of||PP and PE|
|Max working temperature||65 ºC|
|Resistencia to hydrocarbons||Good|
|Resistance to alkali||Excellent|
The advantages that our product has compared to other ones existing:
- It is a product made by injection.
- Curvilinear forms and micro concavities that retain the water drops for long time.
- Promotes biomass grow, which is fixed on the concave and rough walls of each piece.
Upon the perfect design of the TRICKLING FILTER, as well as the chosen filling, will depend the good performance of the installation, the DBO5 reduction and the nitrification of the waters to treat. Our company can help you with the most appropriate design for the installation.
The addition of MICROCAT® products to the process will help to increase the biomass growth and nitrification time.
- MICROCAT XP. Useful for industrial plants or municipal plants receiving industrial wastewater. Download
- MICROCAT HX. Works on inhibitor matter. Download
- MICROCAT XNL. Increases nitrification capacity. Download
- MICROCAT DEN. Improves denitrification. Download
- MICROCAT XF. Eliminates filamentous organisms and improves sludge return. Download